Research and development project Offline CloudSE emulates the behaviour of contactless plastic smart cards such as credit cards, store value cards for public transport, loyalty, etc. It is a global project that will enable users to securely store tickets, value or any other confidential data to their mobile device and tap their mobile device to a reader/validator as they would use a plastic smart card.
With the proper implementation of the HCE technology and an efficient business model, we can easily achieve previously unreachable goals:
- Use of existing automated ticketing infrastructure (POS terminals and AFC systems) in combination with mobile NFC devices.
- Connecting public transport with modern service providers (dividing economy, mobility as a service), value-added services (loyalty cards), and growing services in the field of modern banking.
- Effective tokenization of mobile cards and risk management
- Proper protection of tokens within the mobile application
- Use of open standards at all interoperability points (communication protocol, security protocol, etc.)
- Participation of providers of mobile and cloud services
With the project, we are developing a system that will prove that it is possible to create a software solution that enables seamless payment and validation with NFC mobile phones, without an internet connection, on an existing infrastructure network alongside media
backed up with secure hardware storage elements (Secure Element).
The investment is co-financed by the RS and the EU from the European Regional Development Fund.
More about the programme can be found at www.eu-skladi.si.